A distinguished expert in Food & Nutrition field. Her career spanned over 50 years of experience enriched in the field of Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Sports Nutrition, Clinical studies on Traditional Foods, Nutrition & Food Technology and Nutrition Education.
She is well known for her excellence in the field of food & nutrition and received awards
- Basu Felicitation Award for contribution to Nutritional Sciences.
- Principal investigator for more than 10 Research Projects Sponsored by National and International Agencies
- Published 60 research papers in national and international journals.
- Written 3 books on Nutrition and Food Processing.
She served Indian community as nutritionist, educational administrator and researcher.
- Director of Department of P.G.Studies and Research, S.N.D.T Women’s University.
- Principal of the Colleges in Sardar Patel University, Gujarat and Birla Education Trust in Pilani in Rajasthan.
- Head of the Department of Home Science in Gandhigram Rural Institute.
Served as a Nutrition consultant for
- Amul Dairy, Heinz India for Complan, Hindustan Lever for Dalda and Vitamin A fortified Tea.
- Tribal area research Project. Sponsored by ICAR, New Delhi, 1977 – 1983.
- UGC`s DRS and DSA Projects on Maternal and Child Nutrition.
- Non-Formal Approaches to Nutrition Education in ICDS Sponsored by Women and Child Development Department, Government of India.
- Ingestion of artificial colours through soft drinks and confectioneries by children.
- Food Security Strategies-Energy and Protein supply through Public Distribution System, sponsored by ICAR.
- Vitamin A Nurture of primary school children supplemented sponsored by Task Force SIGHT AND LIFE, Basel, Switzerland. 1999 – 2000.